Monday, July 2, 2007

They named me after the old man in Home Alone...

Big news coming out of the Gregory household!


I'm now the proud uncle of Samuel Nathan Gregory. Sam joins his older brother Henry and big sister Katie as the newest edition to the incredibly entertaining children of Chris and MK Gregory.

I've been "Uncle Frank" now for almost 5 years, and it still gets me everytime one of the kids calls me Uncle Frank. I always immediately think of an old holiday classic and the mean old man who plays the surly uncle. Can you guess what movie I'm talking about?

Of course, every movie buff knows I'm talking about Home Alone. What's the name of Kevin's scary, old, mean, cheap uncle who steals the silverware from fancy restaurants? Uncle Frank! Home Alone gave all Frank's who ever had a dream of being "the fun uncle" a bad wrap!

The ironic part is that the kids have obviously never seen Home Alone, and have no idea that they are reminding me of Kevin's uncle every time they call for me. They probably never will see Home Alone, unless they are still showing it every Christmas Eve in 2018. Probably not, because I can name many better Christmas movies that will stand the test of time better than Home Alone.

Maybe when they are 40 years old and I'm in my 60s, Home Alone will be on American Movie Classics or something. Maybe they will be sitting around the fire, watching the incredibly old classic Home Alone from back in the "golden years" of the 1990s, and they will be reminded of me when mean old Uncle Frank steals the spoons.

Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'll just end it with a picture of my new nephew! Without further ado, Samuel Nathan Gregory and the updated Gregory family!!



No comments: